- Fall 2021, CS499/599, Unsupervised Learning. my course materials
- Summer 2021, Introduction to Machine Learning and Neural Networks, with an application to earth system modeling. 60 minute lecture for summer school on “New Advances in Land Carbon Cycle Modeling” (4rd year). code, slides, video, quiz
- Spring 2021, CS470/570, Artificial Intelligence. my course materials
- Fall 2020, CS499/599, Unsupervised Learning. my course materials
- Summer 2020, Introduction to Machine Learning and Neural Networks, 90 minute lecture for summer school on “New Advances in Land Carbon Cycle Modeling” (3rd year). my course materials
- Spring 2020, CS499-3, Deep Learning. my course materials
- Fall 2019, CS599-6 / EE599-4, Machine learning research. my course materials
- Spring 2019, CS499-007, Machine learning algorithms. my course materials
- Fall 2018, Open source software engineering class at NAU. my course materials
- Summer 2017, International useR 2017 conference, Brussels, Belgium, Tutorial on Introduction to Supervised changepoint detection, my course materials, video.
- Spring 2017, Université de Montréal, Criminology Department, Introduction to R for Criminology, my course materials.
- Summer 2016, International useR 2016 conference, Stanford, CA, Tutorial on Understanding and Creating Interactive Graphics, my course materials.
- Spring 2011, Mines ParisTech, teaching assistant for Fabien Moutarde’s Machine Learning class, my course materials.
Topics without links below are on my TODO list.
- Convolutional neural networks in R
- Number of hidden units is a regularization parameter (R keras)
- Neural networks using keras in R
- Make an R package with C++ code
- Machine learning basics in R
- Regular expressions for text parsing and data reshaping
- R and Emacs Speaks Statistics
- installation via package (ess, polymode)
- org-mode basics (links, html preview)
- Cluster computing on Monsoon
- Interpreting machine learning models with feature selection
- Data manipulation with data.table
- basic selections with first arg
- joins with first arg
- selecting columns with second arg
- summarize with second arg
- summarize by group with second arg
- Static data visualization with ggplot2
- work thru examples in animint2 manual chapter 2
- Interactive data visualization with animint2
NAU students mentored
See my Lab Members web page.
Google Summer of Code students mentored
I have mentored the following students in coding free/open-source software.
- Anirban Chetia, 2021, directlabels improvements.
- Diego Urgell, 2021, BinSeg efficient C++ implementation of binary segmentation.
- Mark Nawar, 2021, re2r back on CRAN
- Sanchit Saini, 2020, rtracklayer R package improvements.
- Himanshu Singh, 2020, animint2: interactive grammar of graphics.
- Julian Stanley, 2020, Graphical User Interface for gfpop R package.
- Anirban Chetia, 2020, testComplexity R package.
- Anuraag Srivastava, 2019, Optimal Partitioning algorithm and opart R package.
- Avinash Barnwal, 2019, AFT and Binomial loss functions for xgboost.
- Aditya Sam, 2019, Elastic net regularized interval regression and iregnet R package.
- Alan Williams, 2018, SegAnnDB: machine learning system for DNA copy number analysis, blog.
- Vivek Kumar, 2018, animint2: interactive grammar of graphics, blog.
- Johan Larsson, 2018, sgdnet: SAGA algorithm for sparse linear models.
- Marlin Na, 2017, TnT: interactive genome browser.
- Rover Van, 2017, iregnet: regularized interval regression.
- Abhishek Shrivastava, 2016, SegAnnDB: interactive system for labeling and machine learning in genomic data.
- Faizan Khan, 2016–2017, animint: interactive grammar of graphics.
- Anuj Khare, 2016, iregnet: regularized interval regression.
- Qin Wenfeng, 2016, re2r: regular expressions.
- Akash Tandon, 2016, Rperform: performance testing R packages.
- Ishmael Belghazi, 2015, bigoptim: stochastic average gradient algorithm.
- Kevin Ferris, 2015, animint: interactive grammar of graphics.
- Tony Tsai, 2015, animint: interactive grammar of graphics.
- Carson Sievert, 2014, animint: interactive grammar of graphics.
- Susan VanderPlas, 2013, animint: interactive grammar of graphics.